Support Alliance work with people living in North Somerset to provide help and support to help them live safely and independently in their own homes. The service is free for the majority of users.
Some examples of the things we help with are listed below:
• Making choices about housing options
• Helping clients to settle successfully into a new home – for example, finding furniture, household items and setting up utility accounts
• Developing life skills so that you can manage in your home
• Claiming relevant welfare and other benefits / grants
• Getting aids and adaptations for your home
• Dealing with rent arrears and other debt problems
• Accessing other services that you need – for example, health, social care, or specialist debt advice & advocacy services
• Accessing education, training and employment opportunities
• People who are struggling to live safely and independently in their own homes
• People who are homeless or about to be homeless
We also have a dedicated Carers service, Home from Hospital service and Alliance Living Care our domiciliary care business.
Young and older clients, clients with mental health issues, substance misuse, learning difficulties, care leavers, young families and people who have experienced domestic violence.