VOICES is a Bath-based charity founded in 2014 by women who have experience of domestic abuse. VOICES supports victims and survivors to recover and thrive, and works to have their voices heard by services and agencies, improving responses to their needs.
What do they do:
- Raise awareness of the nature and impacts of domestic abuse, and of the needs of survivors and their families
- Provide community-based recovery and empowerment programmes for women with experience of domestic abuse
- Provide therapeutic and welcoming space for survivors to meet and support one another
- Provide 1-1 advice and counselling
- Offer bespoke training and consultation, based on survivor insights, to professionals and organisations
VOICES are offering the following programmes:
-The Freedom Programme - Two hours a week that could change your life! Join us for this informative 12 week programme looking at identifying abusive behaviours, beliefs and characteristics commonly experienced.
-Recovery Toolkit starting 2017 - A follow on course from the Freedom Programme
-MATES Peer Support - MATES is a social group for women who are no longer in an abusive relationship but who would like to meet other women with similar experiences to talk, support one another and have fun doing activities together in a welcome and informal atmosphere. Click here for more information
For more details and how to refer please see the website
Any female in the Bath area with experience of domestic abuse (past or present)